Luxury Travel Advisor Honors Awards of Excellence Winners at 2017 ULTRA Summit
NEW YORK (May 23, 2017) ─ Questex Travel Group’s Luxury Travel Advisor magazine announced the winners of its prestigious Awards of Excellence reception last evening, recognizing companies considered to be the top luxury suppliers in the travel industry. The recipients were honored at an elegant reception during the Luxury Travel Advisor’s ULTRA Summit, at the luxurious Residence of the Belgian Ambassador and hosted by Visit Flanders.
Winners are determined exclusively by travel advisor readers of Luxury Travel Advisor magazine, who voted for nominees selected by an invitation-only advisory board made up of influential travel advisors. Nominees represent hotels, resorts, individuals, cruise lines and professional services that excel at delivering memorable experiences, a hallmark of the luxury travel industry.
“The 2017 awards ceremony brought together another esteemed assemblage of nominees and winners,” said Ruthanne Terrero, vice president of content and editorial director for Luxury Travel Advisor. “We congratulate all of our winners and nominees for their exemplary customer service and for exceeding client expectations time and time again.”
Presented by Luxury Travel Advisor magazine, ULTRA Summit brings the world’s most elite travel advisors and suppliers together for an exclusive discussion about the latest research and trends in ultra-luxury travel.
This year’s Awards of Excellence winners are:
• Best Cruise Line for Luxury Ocean Cruises: Viking Cruises
• Best Cruise Line for Luxury Small Ships: Silversea Cruises
• Best Luxury River Cruise Company: Viking River Cruises
• Airlines: Best Flat-bed Business Class Service: Emirates
• Best FIT Operator: Abercrombie & Kent
• Best Local Destination Management Company: IC Bellagio
• Best Chauffeured Services Worldwide: Carey International
• Best New Villa 2016: Villa Garrovo at Hotel Villa d’Este, Lake Como, Italy
• Top North America Hotel Opening 2016: Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina, Hawaii
• Top Asia Hotel Opening 2016: Four Seasons Kyoto
• Top Middle East Hotel Opening 2016: Four Seasons Jakarta
• Top Europe Hotel Opening 2016: Il Sereno Lago di Como, Italy
• Top African/Indian Ocean Hotel Opening 2016: Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca
• Top Caribbean Hotel Opening 2016: Le Barthelemy, St. Barts
• Top Mexico/Central America Hotel Opening 2016: Four Seasons Hotel Bogota, Colombia
• Top Luxury Hotel in London: The Ritz
• Top Luxury Hotel in New York: The St. Regis New York
• Top Luxury Hotel in Paris: Four Seasons Hotel George V
• Top Luxury Hotel in Rome: Hotel de Russie
• Top Luxury Beach Hotel Worldwide: The Brando, French Polynesia
• Top Renovation for 2016: Ritz, Paris
• Top Luxury Boutique Hotel Worldwide: Hotel Brunelleschi, Florence
• Top Luxury Sales Executive Worldwide: Caroline Goux, Oetker Collection
• Top General Manager Worldwide: Fabio Datteroni, Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa, Italy
• Most Anticipated Hotel Opening for 2017: The Silo, Cape Town (South Africa)
• Top Luxury Hotel Worldwide: Villa d’Este, Lake Como
About Questex Hospitality + Travel
The Questex Hospitality + Travel Group of Questex LLC serves the worldwide hospitality, travel and related industries that together contribute over $6 trillion to the global gross domestic product. Through an innovative platform of targeted solutions, the group serves the sector’s entire ecosystem, from tourism and hotel development and investment to hotel design, purchasing, management and operations.
The Questex Hospitality + Travel Group serves every B2B segment of the industry, from investment and development to management operations, sales and marketing of hospitality and travel products to destination development and marketing, via proven demand generation, learning, loyalty and rewards solutions as well as a network of live events. This division of Questex is aligned around three broad market segments – hospitality, travel and meetings – and supported by its digital media staff.
Additional information is available at questex.com/markets/hospitality-travel.
# # #